Saturday, October 11, 2008

ASHOKA HALWA

I made ashoka halwa for my hubby's star birthday , this was my first try to do asoka , by Gods grace it came out very well . Again got a ' sabash ' from my hubby :-)


INGREDIENTS :

1 cup yellow moong dal

1 1/2 cup sugar

little water

cardamon powder

Food colour ( optional )

Raisins , Nuts ( for garnishing )


METHOD :

* Pressure cook the dal till it is cooked very soft , smash it well .

* Make sugar syurp in a vessel .( till kambi paagu )

* Remove it from the heat and stir in the smashed moong dal into it .

* Add the foor colour and keep it in the stove and stir in frequently by adding ghee

* When it forms a lump in the middle of the vessel , add cardamon powder and remove from the heat .

* Place it in a greased plate / vessel adn garnish as you wish .


Note : I did not have food colour in my home , so i added a pinch of turmeric powder .

No comments: