Tuesday, October 21, 2008

MAIDA BURFI/ CAKE

This is one my favourite sweet right from my childhood . My grand father is a great cook and he used to prepare tri-colour maida cake for all my birthday's . I tried to do double layered cake but it didnt work out for me , so just did the maida cake with chocolate flavour .



INGREDIENTS :

1 Cup maida

1/2 cup ghee

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup water

Vanilla essence

Cocoa powder ( optional )



METHOD :

* Roast maida in ghee until nice aroma arise( keep aside some 3-4 tbsp ghee )

* Make sugar syrup in a thick bottomed vessel

* Add the vanilla essence and cocoa powder ( if needed chocolate flavour ) to the syrup and remove from heat

* Mix the maida in the syrup and stir well

* When it forms a lump , pour it in to a greased plate

* When it is still hot cut it into desired shape and decorate with chopped nuts .

No comments: