Monday, November 17, 2008

BEETROOT RAITA


I am a person who dislikes beetroot curry !!! I will eat beetroot only if it is added in kurma . That too unwillingly !!! My mom used to do this raita for making me eat beetroot and i simply love it !!! The colour of the raita itself will be that much attractive . I had this raita today with coriander rice , and the colour combination and taste combination was awesome . Do try it for yourself and let me know if you like it !!!

INGREDIENTS :

1 Small beetroot 1 Cup curd Salt as required 1 green chilly , ginger( finely chopped ) A pinch of asafoetida 1 Tbsp oil 1 tsp Mustard seeds , urad dal

METHOD :

* Grate the beetroot and keep it aside * Take the curd in a bowl and whisk it till smooth * Add the beetroot and salt to it and mix well * Heat oil in a kadai and prepare the seasoning * Add it to the raita and refrigerate it for atleast 30 minutes before serving * Serve Chill with your favourite mixed rice . Rotis / parathas !!!

No comments: