Tuesday, November 25, 2008

RAVA KESARI



This is one of the favourite snack of my brother and husband !! My mom used to do this for my brother in weekends . I dont like sweets much , so she used to give me some bhajji along with this kesari , it will be a great treat for us !!!

INGREDIENTS :

1 Cup rava
2 Cups water
1/2 Cup sugar
1 tsp cardamon powder
A pinch food colour ( optional )
2 tbsp ghee
5-10 cashews and raisins

METHOD :

* Roast rava in 1 tbsp ghee till nice aroma arises
* Remove from heat and spread it on a plate
* Heat the water till it boils
* Add the rava little by little and stir continously ( no lumps should be formed )
* Add the cardamon powder, food colour and sugar
* Stir well
* When it is forming a lump remove from heat
* Heat ghee in the kadai and fry the cashews and raisins till brown
* Pour it on the kesari and serve it !!!!

No comments: